If you are a learner on a CITB Specialist Apprenticeship Programme, we have recently heard that you can apply for the NUS Extra Discounts Card. There is an £11 subscription for the card (this does not enroll you as a member of the NUS, just as a beneficiary of their discount agreements).
- Simply go to: www.apprenticeextra.co.uk and apply for the card
- State that you are a student on a specialist apprenticeship programme with the CITB (this will be checked)
There are loads and loads of organisations offering cardholders discounts, some of them include:
- AA Driving School
- Alton Towers
- ATS Tyres
- Austin Reed
- ... there are loads more under 'A' and the rest of the alphabet
- ... don't worry, McDonalds is on the list!
And.... there's more!
We have also learnt that some SAP learners have also successfully applied for and received 30% off Oyster travel in London.
The following is a transcript from Transport from London's website:
"If you are:
- Aged over 18
- In the first 12 months of an approved apprenticeship
- Living in a London borough
You can get an apprentice oyster photocard to
- Save 30% against the price of adult rate Travelcards and Bus & Tram passes
You will need:
- Your ULN [Ed-On your registration paperwork from CSkills Awards]
- A UK provider reference number
- A colour, digital photo to upload
- An active email address
- A credit or debit card to pay the £10 fee."
The link for this page and all the registration details is www.tfl.gov.uk/27809.aspx
If you are on Specialist Apprenticeship Programme with Priestman Associates LLP you will most likely qualify for this deal. If a learner needs their ULN or UKPRN number they should call the CITB on 0300-456-5562 and tell them their name and registration number (usually the same number which appears on their CSCS card, or H&S Touch Screen test certificate). Let me know if you are successful.
As they say, every penny counts!
To return to the main contents page, [click here]
© Mark Priestman
Priestman Associates LLP